Forget the hype about green fuels- well don’t forget it exactly- but focus some of your recycling efforts (which I’m sure are well established in your households) to your car.
This message is particularly aimed at car manufacturers of whom the EU is requiring to build cars of 95% recyclable materials by 2015. At present, an impressive 75% of scrap car parts are recycled, however the remaining 25% is contributing to our ever growing waste mountains.
The growth in car demand which is spreading worldwide has been predicted by Oxford Brookes University to be so steep that in the 25 years more cars will be built than have been built so far! This prediction if correct would clearly require a near 100% recycling effort combined with- of course- reduced emission technology.